Monday, March 23, 2009

Wanna lick? Psych.

I keep forgetting how competitive people are until I'm reminded of it by random pokes and prods that amount to very nearly the Eddie Murphy ice cream taunt:

"I got some ice cream ... and you don't got none ... cause you're on welfare and your daddy's an alcoholic."

Look people, we do it when it's right for us. I'm super psyched you've got things going on that make you feel good -- isn't the feeling good enough? Do you really need to compare your thing to someone else's for your thing to have value? Or, maybe the intrinsic value of what you brag about is fairly low so it's an effort to present it as more up-market. Either way, you demean and devalue your accomplishment by needing validation that it's better than -- I don't know, whatever thing it needs to be better than this week. I really wouldn't care except when you drag me into your drama I find myself going down that same compare/contrast road and it just depresses me and I need to focus man. I got stuff I'm trying to do over here. And I try really hard not to live my life like a real housewife of New York City. Vapid is not sexy.

Just clearing the air. Thanks for your patience. I'll be back with brilliant insight on something relevant at a later date.



Also, what do we think of the Kindle? My verdict is still out. But I'm intrigued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home