Friday, March 20, 2009

Reminders of why



I have less of a problem with the Special Olympics gaffe than I do with the fact that British PM Gordon Brown is going blind so giving him DVDs may have been inappropriate in more ways than the "you're like a school on Saturday -- no class" kind of way. Thanks for making me aware of that one Pops. My niece was in a fashion show last night at the Mall of Ga. and I swear that kid is a stunner. She told me there's a boy in her class that keeps calling her names which of course means he likes her, which I told her and she just smiled and said "I know." Then her Dad of course is all "You don't need to be thinking about boys," a line I heard more than once growing up and I hope she doesn't internalize and get all bookish and shy like I did. I think maybe there's a better balance there. (I love you Dan...)

Anyway, my 15-year-old nephew was recently allowed his own cell phone and I have been receiving texts from him since last night. We've talked about his ex-girlfriend and who he's going to ask to the next school dance. And I've had the opportunity to tell him I love him several times and I'm sorta bursting with that awesomeness.

Today -- well, today is a good day. Kids'll do that.

Have a peaceful weekend. Should be a pretty one. Here's some Spring music to go with the weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home