Friday, March 13, 2009

Take my eyes but not the shirt! (thanks Em)


Hell of a week this week kids. I had drama and trauma hit me from almost every side, some of it expected, some of it a long time coming and some from out of the blue -- the last I'm still trying to get a handle on. I hate when I'm more affected by something than the carefully constructed myth I've created for myself dictates I should be. However, on a more positive flip side, I also closed the book on something with a final word that surprised even me. And it felt good son! I was confronted with the truth that some people are as bad as the megalomaniacs you think only exist on television. And I'm spent people. And kinda mad. I'm working on it...

When I get this raw I try to get back to the basics -- lots of crying because, well, I'm kind of a girl...But also, I seek the funny. And, while gathering some light provisions from Kroger at lunch today, I caught the new Vanity Fair staring at me from the rack. I used to read this magazine religiously but had to stop when I got a little wiser and discovered the almost glaring bias between its pages and got really annoyed that they couldn't just stay the f*@k out of it and give me pretty pictures of celebrities (It's bad when your sister -- an actress with a past tendency toward liberalism I might add -- won't watch the Oscars because she doesn't like the "moralizing." Just sayin'...)

But this time, despite my bank account screaming obscenities at me, I bought it. Because the portfolio of comedians had me giggling and then laughing aloud. Thank you boys. I'll pay you back by seeing I Love You Man in the theater.

Happy Friday the 13th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home