Tuesday, March 17, 2009

May the road rise with you

Happy St. Pat's day all. I'll be at Cutter's Pub during Happy Hour with my book and an Irish coffee attempting to stave off an almost all-consuming compulsion to sell my house and use the money to quit my job and get gone. Come see me and tell me why that's the dumbest thing you've ever heard because things will change. Change is constant, right? Right? (cricket sound)

So, in honor of one side of my family, here are a few of my favorite Irish things: an awesome clip from one of the greatest Irish -- scratch that -- greatest movies of all time; a great Irish curse I like; and the song "Rise," which, while not overtly Irish, has always put me in the Emerald Isle mindset because of the refrain that references that old Irish blessing and the constant repetition of the expression "Anger is an energy," which I think the Irish would appreciate. There are of course other, much more current and relevant bands that I could reference. But then you'd miss out on a weird 80s gem that the skate rats in my neighborhood thought made them really edgy and cool. And that makes me smile. And I need that today, okay?




Compact Disc by Public Image Ltd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home