Friday, February 27, 2009

Unplug the jukebox and do us all a favor

Sometimes I need a break from the scary world so I go through these periods where I don't watch or read the news and really don't want to talk about it. Having one of those lately. Also, I fell down the stairs today and didn't spill a drop of coffee, got this



from Steph and couldn't agree more and am listening to this in my car while thinking that yes, Mrs. Bielli, this should be the next cover band show. I have a big decision to make people...Should I drive in this nasty weather to Atlanta to partake of beer and fellowship at a pub or just wait till the morning when I'm less rushed and, ya know, can see? Tough one.

UPDATE: After years of searching, I have finally remembered the name of and found a book from my childhood that has haunted me for years. It wasn't my book; my friend Wendy across the street had it and I read it every time I went to her house to play. I have always remembered it for the illustrations -- they were fantastic and dark and freaky and weird. But I could never remember the name. Thank you Google. You make me mad sometimes but then you redeem yourself nicely...Did I mention I collect children's books? Anyway, here's a nice post on the book. It's like I've finally realized a dream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home