Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Don't bring me down

As promised, some of Dan's art. He's really quite good I think but then I'm biased because I watched the boy go from running around in Spiderman Underoos (does anyone remember these?) to being quite accomplished as an observer and translator of imagery. Wow, just re-read that sentence and am shocked -- shocked I say -- at the hoity-toityness of it. And also that my brother is going to beat me with a stick for mentioning his underwear...

Anyway, enjoy!





I realized Monday that I've been taking things entirely too seriously lately. I've been getting all worked up over what amounts to silliness on the best days. Thankfully, as I was getting ready to take a pack of nuts to the pool:



The second of those fine cinematic achievements known as the Wayne's World franchise came on TV and made me laugh my ass off. Particularly this scene:



And since Aerosmith makes an appearance toward the end of the film, it led me down memory lane to the first Aerosmith album I ever heard, 1980s Greatest Hits album (yes, they had been around long enough in 1980 to warrant a greatest hits record. Crazy as it sounds...). My brother Drew had it so I was probably 8 or 9 when I heard it and it's so good. You can't find it on Rhapsody but the cover looks like this:



and one of the songs is here. And here's one everyone knows that I love and think should be covered by Fiona Apple asap...

Also Super Troopers was pretty hilarious, too. So thank you Memorial Day TV time slot deciders. You rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home