Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to the illogic

Don't have the pictures yet but I have a new niece. Her name's Katheryn Ann-Marie Lee and I hear she rocks the house. I know she was all about getting born on her own time so I'm pleased the obstinance gene is still alive and well in the family.

That aside, check what I just got at work (be jealous cause I like it when you are):



Hope I get the chance to use it...


Also I got the biggest kick out of a kid I went to school with telling me Friday that, for a Conservative, I had the most Liberal opinions in class. I had to calmly, gently and with a knowing little smile, explain that his opinion meant not that I was actually a Liberal but more likely that he was supremely misguided about what being Conservative means. Of course he violently disagreed with that...

So, for your edification, here's a nice piece on what it does mean. Go ahead, read it. I dare ya.

And, just because people glorify the man for reasons I think wholly unrelated to his ability to do the job, here's a few pieces on how dangerous, arrogant and elitist it is to say that Iran is of little threat. Glad to see McCain has some rational thought on the subject.

Iran not a "serious threat"?

and then the rebuttal, which is pretty damn good man:

McCain Responds on Iran

(and I want everyone to know that I'm fully aware of how unpopular this will make me. But it's just getting serious now and I can't be playing games anymore. Gotta get the word out so we don't end up gleefully skipping down the appeasement path.)

On a few lighter notes, I adore that all my very young school kid friends -- few of whom worked through grad school like, ahem, yours truly -- are exhausted these days because they are working, for the first time in many cases, 40 hours a week. It's kinda cute actually. Now try going to school after work. Can ya hear me now? Good...

And here's a sweet little interview from the hot Irish dancer I saw last night. He was not hard to watch. Lou and I dubbed him "Leather Pants" with much sparkling in the eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home