Thursday, May 08, 2008

Moving toward progress

I went to the vet today because Sausage Dog -- a.k.a. Stella -- has to have her special food to ease the arthritis she deals with. While waiting for them to bring the food out, I happened to look over to my right and spy two beautiful baby kitties just waiting to be played with and belly-scratched. I took a damn long lunch break. And one of them, a little marmalade, when I went to put his brother back in the cage, leapt out at me again and landed on my chest and started purring like he was in heaven. Dear lord am I a sucker for the kittens...But I left them there because they said they would keep them until they were adopted -- no euthanasia for those babies. Baby kitties! Baby kitties! Baby kitties!!!

In honor of those little munchkins who totally made my day, here's a LOLCat:



Also, meet my friend Shana who, along with her lovely Canadian husband (he's on the Eh team -- get it? wahahahaha!!) just moved to Dunedin, New Zealand. Brave travelers, they. Shana's a writer like me -- we met as reporters -- so her blog chronicling her Kiwi adventures should be insightful and witty, punctuated by piss and vinegar of course. She sort of makes me want to reconsider my aversion to Instant Messaging -- I think the creepy guy at work who tried to talk me into it gave me a bad first association...have to give that some more thought...
Anyway, give Shana a read -- you'll like her I think...even if she is a damn liberal.

Much of the family will be in town tomorrow to watch me graduate from this master's program and I have another interview soon -- this one looks kind of promising from the perspectives of: 1. I'm qualified, 2. It's where I want to be, 3. I'm getting a decent vibe from them. We'll see though. You really, truly never can tell about these things. Also, the logistics of moving are unappealing to me at the moment (once I actually allowed myself to think about them). But I'll cross that scary, dangerous crevasse when I get there.

Here's yer Friday music -- this song's been stuck in my head for a while now so I guess it's good that I like it.

Rock it out this weekend friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home