Thursday, May 22, 2008

Do you use your powers for good or for awesome?

Gettin' all nervous and stuff because I've got two chances tomorrow to convince people that I'm exactly the person they need for the analyst or communications or reporting position they have open. I'm studying up tonight and taking my confident butt to Atlanta in the morning to throw myself on the sacrificial interview altar, which is incidentally inscribed with the words "I'm hungry. Please hire me. Amen" on the side. You have to scratch through the dried blood but it's there... I can do this, I can do this, I can do this...

Since I'm back to reading Atlas Shrugged, here's some Rand philosophy. This book takes so long for me to read because every few pages I have to stop and really think about the idea she's proposing, something that makes me feel oddly alive and grateful at a time when my tendency is to feel pretty grumbly and numb due to this or that circumstance (and to those who cause these circumstances why don't you just go get bent, k? I don't understand the rules of your game; not because I can't but because I won't. And you will never convince me that your game is the one I should be playing. And while Steph says that being young is a valid reason for the dysfunction, and while I generally agree with her on these kinds of things, I think being young is a weak ass excuse. I'm. Just. Sayin'. ).

"When you have made evil the means of survival, do not expect men to remain good. Do not expect them to stay moral and lose their lives for the purpose of becoming fodder for the immoral. Do not expect them to produce, when production is punished and looting rewarded. Do not ask, 'Who is destroying the world?' You are."

Next up is Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth because my dad and sister-in-law swear it's amazing. I'm sure it is...

And here's little Katie and my baby bro (her father) who's suffering a bit from bedhead in this photo but that happens when you're a good man and have to spend the night at the hospital while your wife's in labor. She's got her mom's nose and the Lee chin which is possibly the most dominant gene in the history of the human gene pool. It's indestructible. Can't wait to meet her...


I'm feeling this today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home