Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Groovy

Landers and I had a mini dance party in his office this morning before I felt wicked guilty and had to actually work a little. Landers has an iTunes library that dominates. Therefore, he has like a million covers of people covering things like the Beatles' "Yesterday" (which I sang in chorus as a child and so it is therefore one of my all-time favorite Beatles songs because the words are pretty much seared in the cerebellum). He has Smokey Robinson singing "Yesterday" and Nina Simone covering "Got to Get You Into My Life" (another of the Beatles under-recognized gems).

Trusty ol' Rhapsody doesn't have those, but here's a few others we either listened to or talked about to get you over hump day. And when I say "dance party" I mean it. I danced and Landers DJ'ed...I'll miss this stuff when I go.

The Tracks Of My Tears by Smokey Robinson

Chain Gang by Sam Cooke

To Love Somebody by Bee Gees

Better Be Good To Me by Tina Turner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home