Friday, January 09, 2009

Back on the horse

A'right, I'm back on it. Admittedly, I'm non-committal. But in an odd way. I don't have a hard time committing to getting something I want; rather, I have a hard time committing to the idea that whatever it is I want is something I should be committing to. They sound the same, you say? Trust me, they're different. The latter, which is where I invariably live, is a much lamer way to be. Shows that I lack a basic faith in my own judgment. Truth is, when I decide it's worth it, I'm fairly tenacious and have a decent record of success. It's just making that value judgment...there are some things you just can't know...you have to make decisions based on incomplete evidence...so hard for me to do...

And I digress. All this is just stream of consciousness as I gear up the job hunt again so I don't become too focused on the rising unemployment rate, the dire doom-n-gloom economic predictions, trillion dollar deficits, etc. I'm liking the tax cuts but I dislike the whole reform mentality the pres-elect is pushing. Here's why. Be sure to read Keynes' excerpted letter to FDR. I will, meanwhile, be making my list of think tank phone numbers and sharing the following with you:

The link an old friend D. Matt turned me on to that could help in dealing with my cop magnetism:

Speeding Ticket Killer


The magnet Baby D sent me from her trip to Music City. It's so nice when someone knows what you'll like...



And a really good album recommended by Mr. PhD:

The Midnight Organ Fight by Frightened Rabbit

Get some looks this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home