Monday, December 29, 2008

Peace out til Friday


Dear Lord God of everything that is pure and delicious in this world, thank you for the small blessing of a week off from work. I will fill it by looking for work. Ironic, no? Also, thanks for powdered sugar covered date-nut treats (thanks T) and for people willing to pray for my success in both procuring new employment and quitting the devil tobacco. I promise in the coming year to live more within the individual moments of life and will try not to ruin things by worrying about them. Also, keep the loved ones near and afar from danger and financial instability. And help me figure out how to make it all flow with laughter and self-awareness and to open my mind a little more so I can see that frustrating situations are generally the ones with the most potential for growth.

I'm out and amen. Stella and I are going for a walk around the block.

Here's something I'm totally not opposed to and for you music lovers, I made a little compilation of fun music I like. Thought I'd pass it along. It makes for a nice "mixed tape."

What the World Needs Now -- Cracker
Swing, Swing -- All American Rejects
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine -- The Killers
The Wagon -- Dinosaur Jr.
Don't Look Back in Anger -- Oasis
Float On -- Modest Mouse
Far Behind -- Candlebox
Sugarfoot -- The Wallflowers

UPDATE: Oh yeah, oh yeah -- This movie's awesome. See it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home