Friday, December 19, 2008

Straight No Chaser is right

Here's some more synchronicity for ya: My brother recently referred to our family as "Chex mix" because my great-grandparents on my mother's side were straight from the motherland Czechoslovakia (my mother corrected my brother immediately and said, in no uncertain terms, that we are "Slavic, not Czech" [Slovaks specifically] because apparently that means something to the cultural groups in that part of the world. Although a joke, my mother was going to make sure we understood the inconsistency in the argument. Because that's how she rolls.)

Anyway, yesterday, when I got to work, someone left a huge mason jar of Chex Mix on my desk, all gussied up in a Christmas ribbon.

I'm having trouble decoding the meaning of this coincidence. Any ideas?

And here's a pretty damn amazing a capella version of my favorite Christmas song because 'tis the season.



Have some eggnog this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home