Friday, December 12, 2008

Some people get their kicks stompin' on a dream -- The Chairman of the Board

My office is schizophrenic. It is never comfortable. Always too hot or too cold. Freezing today. But whatever. Such is my life lately -- buying a house as an investment and the market crashes, graduating from a master's program and seeking new employment and the recession hits. I cannot get a break. Waah right? I know. But it's my space and I'll write whatever whatever I want, okay? And, ultimately, I'm a believer so I know there are things going on that are unseen by me that are preparing me for whatever path I'm supposed to travel. Lately, yes, it's true, I've been panicking a little. Not attractive. But I feel like I've been waiting my whole life for -- God, I don't know, for something. And I feel inadequate sometimes, okay? But one interesting thing is that I may have finally gotten to a place where, when I'm feeling vulnerable like this and the predators come -- you know the ones. They smell the blood in the water and just -- well they don't attack exactly. They just, usually subtly, hit you at your weak spot. They enhance your feelings of vulnerability and inadequacy for their own agendas, whatever those may be. Sometimes just for fun. -- Anyway, I've gotten to the place where I can just tell those people to leap. I've always been challenged that way. But I'm better at it now.

So leap you people with bad intentions. I have no use for you and will entertain you no longer. Also, and I'll write more on this later, it's not that I don't like you. I don't know you well enough to dislike you. But I did observe some actions that indicated a proclivity toward bias and I'm not a fan of that quality, especially when people abuse their relative power by showing favoritism. It's just an opinion of mine -- obviously not everyone has such a problem with this particular character trait. But I do. It doesn't equal "dislike" however. It's just something I know about you and have catalogued. C'mon -- haven't you done the same thing with me? It seems to me you have. Maybe before I did. And therein lies the problem.

Amen for small miracles and bless you Junior for the funny you sent me. Stuff like this -- and I'm very serious -- is sometimes the only way I make it through the day. And I love ya for it.

Favorite part: the arbitrary assignment of monetary value. Genius.

Have a little Chairman for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home