Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I don't really care

I have many things I've been wanting to post but am just going for the funny today. And also, this little meditation:

I will do my utmost not to be careless with other people's feelings in the future (and I have been very guilty of carelessness in the past) because the benefit to my ego or circumstance or mood or whatever it is that makes people not consider others' feelings is just really, in the long run, not worth the damage I do to relationships, either established or burgeoning. I've been reminded here recently that this is a good thing to remember by being on the receiving end of some pretty blatant disregard and I don't like it. But thanks for the reminder because I'm sure I'll be a better person for it. And you'll still be jerks. Which is not supposed to make me feel better because of everything I just said. (but still kinda does -- is that wrong?)

So, courtesy of the lovely men who keep me sane at work, here are a few YouTube vids -- the first is a hilarious video for a band that one of these gentlemen recently introduced me to. I watched this video with my 18-year-old nephew and we thought it was one of the funniest things we'd seen in a while. Then another friend at work suggested that it was reminiscent of the movie They call me Trinity, which I haven't seen but would now very much like to.... Here it is. Don't miss the hero/American Eagle juxtaposition. It's awesome...





The second is from something that one of my friends is into called the Red State Update. Pair that with a Harry Potter book signing at 4 am and you have magic. Pun intended...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home