Wednesday, July 11, 2007

And there was much rejoicing

A minor battle was won yesterday as my classmates and I made a smallish dent in the philosophy of one who insisted that misappropriation of funds to International Non-Governmental Organizations wasn't really stealing. "Once they donate the money it's yours. You can do whatever you want with it. You should not have to be accountable to your donors."

We rained down on him like a hot bowl of ramen. And, I think, caused him to actually rethink his ethical threshold.

Hallelujah!

[ed. note: I realize this is boring as hell to most people but, trust me, this kid will be running Unicef one day and taking your money and buying a new Mercedes with it. Or -- thanks to my classmates' heroism -- maybe not. You can send thank-you gifts to Room 202, Baldwin Hall, UGA, Athens.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home