Thursday, June 28, 2007

Vacation all I ever wanted...


I'm on vacation and spending most of my time going to the pool, playing with my brother's kids and, of course, watching movies. Suspect is on right now. I love this movie...it is the reason I wanted to be a lawyer. I never went to law school and still sort of regret it, especially when I see films like this one. They do a nice job in this film of not romanticizing (as much as is possible) the un-glamorous duties of the public defender. It is thankless work -- at one point, Cher's embittered public defender quips, "I'm tired...I think I should go into private practice. I figure if I'm going to go crazy I might as well get paid for it." I had exactly the same feelings as a journalist.

Anyway, I did manage to make it to the beach. Here's the sunrise over Tybee Island










and a picture of me and my fantastic brother and sister-in-law. They came through in a pinch and I love them for it.





And, by the way, Prince is the best traveling music. When the Doves Cry was the first 45 record I bought and I still love it, most especially while exhausted and sunburned, with sand in my hair, drinking a Dr. Pepper and eating an Almond Joy while watching the scenery fly by on a Sunday afternoon. So here it is.

And yo Texas, can you send some of that rain this way? We kinda need it down here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home