Thursday, July 05, 2007

Benjamin in an eyepatch

I was off work for the Holiday so I forgot to post this but this is why I love this country (and doubtless why others don't...). In a world where subterfuge is sometimes (a lot of the time) the rule, you need some good pirates around.

"These ideals grew out of both groups’ frustration at being mistreated by their leaders; the British forced the colonists to quarter troops and pay taxes, and captains on merchant ships beat their shipmen, starved them and paid less than promised, Acosta said.

“It’s no wonder that many sailors seized the opportunity to jump ship and search for a better way of life, namely piracy, which offered better food, shorter work shifts and the power of the crew in decision-making,” he said."


Happy Fourth. Remember why you celebrate it, ya scurvy dogs!

UPDATE: More on pirates. This is what I'm talking about. You know those questions, "Name one person, living or dead, who you'd like to have dinner with?" This guy is mine... I just like his style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home