Friday, September 08, 2006

Propaganda and cynicism

The busy-ness has become par for the course, so "sound bytes" are my only option for posting here lately.
But here're the things I'd like to offer:

This looks great. If for no other reason (not really sure how factual this will be -- sounds like a bit of propaganda really) because I'm really enjoying watching some of these media outlets and party pundits freak out about the dramatization of this particular chain of events when these same crazies are responsible for so much of the misinformation and nasty political mudslingin' that goes on. Hypocrisy, in some sick way, is so much fun to point at when it's blatant. I'm not sure what this says about my character but so be it. It's likely simply because I'm powerless to control some of this kind of hypocrisy when I see it in my day to day life, I find laughing at the "indignation" of these hypocrites from the safety of my living room surprisingly cathartic.

And, despite what Sandy Berger says, apparently one of the writers of the 9/11 Commission Report worked pretty closely with the writers to ensure accuracy. Bring it on ABC!

And Harvey Keitel is in it; I mean, c'mon? Fantastic? yes!

Had a "you like that, too?!" moment at work with a new friend who informed me that he's really liking Blood on the Tracks by Bob Dylan. I very nearly swooned. This is one of my top 5 favorite records and contains one of my top 3 favorite songs. And now there's a box set with the three best albums by this genius of the written word. Ah, the little things...

And finally, I re-rented this little gem of a movie. No one really saw it which is sad cause it's right hilarious. So see it.

oh yeah, and have I mentioned that Mental Floss









is the most enjoyable magazine I've read in quite some time? Foregoing preachy for "just the facts" in a truly tongue in cheek way, I've larned more about what drives up gas prices and parasitic organisms than from years of the history channel, Discovery (channel and mag) and Nova combined. My dream is to be published in this magazine. Here's hopin'...

Happy Friday, ya'll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home