Friday, April 10, 2009

It's a Good Friday

"This is my commandment: love one another as I love you./No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:12-13

This is the scripture passage I always think of at Easter. It's what he did. Had he not, those no account friends of his (who threw him under the bus to use the modern vernacular) would very handily have been dealt with by the same authorities of the day. Not much debate about this. Would you do the same for your buddies? Now ask me why I'm a Christian...

Thinking about this, listening to this (and loving both the album art and the fact that the whole thing seems heavily influenced by 60s American girl groups and has a full monologue over Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata)and feeling elated about this. Oh Baby D, I'm so happy for you and Big D and I can't wait to meet the little cornshucker. I give you Chicken Little D and big love for this Easter season. Make it good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home