Monday, February 09, 2009

Of course, you can't aspire to be an a*%hole


Lola's Future Reference Rules, #1:

If you "hire" a*%holes -- in your place of business or as a friend/lover/spouse/acquaintance -- they may one day be in a position to do the hiring for your business or in your home/any other place you work hard to make a safe haven. They will hire a*%holes. Because that is what a*%holes do. And you will find yourself surrounded -- and, seriously, I have years of knowing from whence I speak -- by a*%holes.

And if you find yourself "hiring" an a*%hole because you tell yourself the job requires it, you just haven't looked hard enough. For the most part, jobs that "require" an a*%hole just mean that there are some duties associated that are distasteful to the ethical. So make it financially worth their while and expect turnover. Or else you're an a*%hole.

That is all for today children.

Here's what I'm listening to at work while I determine what kind of budget my little communications plan is gonna need (cross your fingers we get what we ask for). I grew up listening to this music (as well as every other kind. Big family. Lots of different personalities. As one of the youngest I was exposed to it all. That's why my little brother and I are kinda crazy. And wicked cool) -- my Mom is a huge fan and had several box sets of cassettes of various 50s and 60s music. This particular amalgamation has Stagger Lee, House of the Rising Sun and Smoke Gets in Your Eyes on it. Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home