Friday, January 30, 2009

I am really close on this one

My brain is on a slight mini-vacation. I've been busy people and I feel like I could sleep for days. When my brain gets nuked like this my tendency is to freak out and cry -- as a reporter I used to break down over a beer at least once a week in preparation for the mound of things I had to do at work. I always got them done; I just had to lose my s*it a little in order to clear my head. Not a perfect system, but, as Landers reminded me earlier, everyone has their "process." And you don't mess with the process -- but as I've gotten older, I've begun to take a different approach. I try not to worry and acknowledge that the earth will still be revolving around the sun and turning on its axis even if I don't do that (whatever it is) RIGHT NOW and even if I still, for reasons yet unknown to me, am living in some weird Southern version of Groundhog Day. How did Bill Murray break the cycle? He started doing nice things for people. Can you do nice things for people in your sleep? In lieu of talking about the whole "Don't listen to Rush Limbaugh" sentiment floating around Capitol Hill at the moment -- c'mon, really? Last I checked we were FREE to listen, think, speak, etc. however we choose. I think statements like this indicate a serious insecurity -- I'm just going to tuck in and keep my mouth shut (I know, I know, for once) because fighting the good fight can be exhausting.

Catch some ZZZZZzzzzzzs this weekend. Oh yeah, and watch some football!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home