Thursday, January 15, 2009

You get to sit next to Uncle Stinky

Right so I've been busy doing things for other people and, tragically, using that as an excuse to not do things for myself. Important things dang it. So, as soon as I update this blog, go to this meeting, update my calendar, firm up some deadlines, conduct a phone interview, draft a response, knock out some remedy tickets, double check some payment history and start on my freelance piece I'll be applying for jobs. I've found some good ones. They're bookmarked. But not applied to which made a friend snort at me and say "Those companies don't care if you've bookmarked their job announcements." Dammit. Good point. No effing rest for the weary.

In the meantime, since I'm still battling my delayed reaction and hoping I'm mature enough to get over it in a reasonable amount of time without sinking into some kind of self-pitying funk -- internalizing things sucks sometimes man -- I don't have much to say. In place of my biting wit, I give you awesome things from my friends, like a foot self-portrait with Samuel L. Jackson and BaconSalt (gross yet intriguing). And, most importantly, a clip from the Tiny Toons gem "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" that I watched 8,000 times in college with my friend Farmer who I recently reconnected with and had the pleasure of remembering how much we laughed. Laughing with him, seriously, is all I remember doing. I have no memories of him that don't involve cracking up. I miss that. For you Farmer. Kiss yourself, kiss yourself, kiss yourself!


Tiny Toons - How I Spent My Summer Vacation: Part 3 - Every10Mins.com


You can find the rest here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home