Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Transition without bloodshed is the best part

I feel pretty much like this about today's peaceful transition of power. It is pretty awesome that we do it peacefully. And cool as hell that a segment of our society feels vindicated and empowered today. As much as I'm staying away from the drama and hype -- I just can't get into all the feel-good stuff about it because I just don't think that way. It's a job people. Let's not forget that -- I'm pleasantly pondering this experiment in leadership by a federated system of government (yeah, I had to update this. Chose the wrong words. I'm a little out of steam here lately). And I like it. I really, really do.

Good luck to you Mr. Obama. Make us proud. Carry on.

UPDATE: Does anyone else think it's hilarious that Carter and Clinton seem not to care for one another. And if the reasons cited in this report are the correct reasons that's funnier still. This is one of the reasons that our new President has to go a long way to convince conservatives of his worth. Because tweedle dee and tweedle dum are seen as your ideological forefathers. And their egos won't allow them to play nice for the benefit of not only you President Obama, but the entire country. I'm just saying that if you ever find yourself, hand to forehead, wracking your brain about why those mean ol conservatives were so hard on you during the election and are making it hard for you to push your agenda, these two play a role.

UPDATE 2: Transcript of today's speech. Not bad. You know I have some points of contention -- I always do -- but overall, fairly uplifting, not too alarmist and just vague enough to ultimately go either way.

UPDATE 3: A note on the editorial process -- given that I had a mistake in this post of embarrassing proportions (it's been corrected but suffice to say it was the opposite of what I meant. ahem.), and given that I've had to disable commenting again (for really good reasons, I promise) I'd like to invite anyone that knows me and is privy to my email address (assuming anyone actually reads this blog and cares if I look like a tool. If you're happy when I look like a tool, by all means ignore this request...) to shoot me a slap upside the head email with the phrase my editor at the newspaper used to use a lot with me, "Did you really mean to say this?" Somber, I know you're already on it and thanks for that. To the rest of you, help a sister out. I'd be grateful and maybe buy you a beer or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home