Monday, November 03, 2008

Hardly perfect but deserving of thanks, because gracious = civilized

I know it's not popular, but I agree with Andrew Breitbart: I just have never had the problem with him that everyone else has had. I was likely predisposed because I was hearing how stupid he was from the beginning by people I wouldn't trust to watch my theoretical kids and, ya know, I'm not sure how much I trust the judgment of people whose decision-making skills are just slightly higher than Patrick's from Spongebob Squarepants.

Anyway, as the election will be over in just over a day (and I'll be praying tonight. I'm really not joking about that. I'm a little frightened about the prospect of the mitigation of checks and balances that comes from party domination. Feels a bit like a regime in the ugliest sense of the word...), I think this is a fitting farewell. Some of us appreciate the work that you did. We take a lot of shit for it, but we are brave enough to acknowledge that you gave it a good run and the vitriol lobbed at you over the years has been particularly harsh and unwarranted. And if any of you have any problems with that, you know where to find me.

For you Steph, since I broke yours and had to replace it, a weird and effective ad for the new Rubik's Cube.



Also, check out the work my photog friend does. How brilliant is this shot? She's a keen eye that one. She's also a real corker and can hold her Evan Williams and this is about all one needs in a friend... Love you Mrs. Dodd. And, because she reminded me of the first song from this greatest hits album -- this was a favorite band of mine in high school cause I was sooooo retro -- here's some groovy music for you. I've always loved track 5 quite a bit as well...

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I can't agree with you on the whole Bush thing...

http://www.takimag.com/blogs/article/bushs_curse/

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Lola said...

you're entitled to disagree. i welcome it. i read the article and i'm not sure i agree with the tone of isolationism it takes. nobody likes war and it's always chaotic -- populations are going to be enraged. that is the nature of war. but i think the man did what he could under incredibly difficult circumstances. and thanks are in order. he, at the very least i believe, is a fan of the republic and acted with that in mind. i cannot say the same for the person this country is in the process of electing as i write this. perfection -- perfect decisions, perfect results -- are an impossibility. but he stood there and took it like a man for 8 years. and that's admirable.

thanks for your comment and i'll keep reading Taki mag.

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Reverse_Vampyr said...

I've seen that Rubik's campaign and love it. Your friend does beautiful work (even though that guy is butt-ass ugly!).

 

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home