Friday, October 17, 2008

Simon the unicorn will not have cabinet post

Ah, a day off. *sigh*

I keep getting slammed over the head with the concept of "nuance." Duh, it's an election year, you say. I know, I know...but, as a concept, nuance, or subtleties, has never really been one I've meditated on much. It's hit me in a few ways in particular lately -- the subtle differences between what people say and what they mean (if they're clever); the nuances of man, i.e. the continuum of good to bad we all slide around on; and how nuance can be both a very good and very bad thing. And it's different from the idea of relativity -- it's more, well, nuanced. I'm just thinking is all...quit making fun of me...

Shades of things to (potentially) come. Pay close attention to how people want things for free -- even when they can afford them -- and how that particular nuance of man's general character tends to cause problems. So, because I've been asked lately to defend why I believe certain things, I hope this goes a step in convincing those who disagree with me that it's nothing personal. It's just observation. And my mind can be changed. But the argument better be rock solid because observation doesn't lend itself to many holes...

I've been listening to this soundtrack at work. It's mostly Elvis Costello and it's pretty awesome desk music. Check out his cover of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful."

and a lolCat and some dead-on impersonations because they make me laugh. Have some fun this fin de semana.


cat
more animals


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home