Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm not sure what people think would happen if we didn't have you...


Know what I'm over? Narcissism and solipsism. That all-consuming self-love that demands worship and attempts to destroy those who will not comply (by striking deals with the Chinese government to restrict search strings, for example...). Couple that with the belief that, hey, unless it affects me directly it matters not and may not have even happened at all, especially if it doesn't fit my world view.

It takes some real strength of will -- if not actual intellectual prowess -- to pretend to be the center of a universe where nothing happens outside your own personal line of sight.

Welcome to Google not memorializing 9/11.
Whatever guys. Lame. I think I'll be migrating over to Dogpile, too...

To the boys, girls, men and women from every age who threw themselves in front of enemies because they considered it a duty -- you have my utmost, albeit enormously insufficient, respect. Nolo illegitimi carborundum. Come home safe.

UPDATE: just realized i'm gonna have to do something about my gmail account...drag...why, Google, can't you just be cool?

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM , Blogger Reverse_Vampyr said...

Nice post.

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Lola said...

thanks vamp. back at ya.

 

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home