Tuesday, September 02, 2008

To be fair, she's a slender person...

Weirdest thing -- recently, I was helping a friend of mine hunt for redneck mailboxes and came across a nifty site called Wall Street Fighter (see links to the right) that had posted some hilarious redneck mailboxes that Google tapped right away (here's that page. Good stuff.). As I was poking around the site after sending the link to my friend, I came across this page and specifically, this picture:





Now, I've seen this picture before -- it's one of those that was circulated a few years back throughout the internets -- and I remember at one time thinking, "Ya know, that lady could be my friend Martha from High School. Nah, that'd be too random..."

Well, I had dinner with that friend and some others a few weeks back and when I saw this pic again there was little doubt. And lo and behold, after a confirmation email, it is, indeed, my friend Martha from High School. And the cat is really that size. Snopes even agrees it's true.

Never would I have dreamed back then, while making popcorn at her house (an inside joke best left unexplained), videotaping birthday parties with Annette in a slightly mean way (ahem) and ogling her hot brother, that my beautiful friend would become an internet meme.

Martha, you definitely belong in people's inboxes. Love ya kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home