Thursday, September 04, 2008

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things

Finishing up a little work so I can go home, do a little laundry, play with the furry kids and then hop a train for DC. Sweet...

But I did want to comment a bit on the RNC, the last day of which I'll miss tonight (see hopping train comment) along with O'Reilly interviewing Obama. Gotta give it to Obama -- he knows he's going to be spit at, poked and prodded but he's doing the right thing. No one said the road was easy.

In any event, here's a few notes on the RNC (as usual, if you'd like to know more, just ask. I'll be more than happy to regale you with my opinions...)

1. I finally got my substance. Anyone that talks about the executive right of veto has thought about the job and understands the power and the relative lack of power the position has. I would hire that person. Or vote for them.

2. I love how all the sensitive liberals are treating the first woman with a shot at the White House -- eviscerating her daughter, reducing her to a hot piece of ass. Classy. You boys really do understand the struggles of the American woman.

3. If Fred Thompson had spoken with that much passion in the run-up to the primaries Romney would not have been my first choice.

4. Giuliani is a rebel and damn proud of it. He whoops and hollers enough to make him an honorary Southerner.

5. That took guts Lieberman. I can't tell you how nice it was to hear someone talk about the "party paralysis" that has stymied politics in this country for the last gajillion years. You're in so much trouble when you get home...

6. Why in hell is the Democratic party considered progressive? From what I saw last night, forward thinking comes from the right. Up for debate as always...

7. McCain is a complete and total badass, despite his appearance.

8. The biggest difference in the two parties -- as far as I can tell -- elitist cynicism versus the rebel yell. Guess which one I admire...

That is all. Have a good weekend and let me know who wins the Obama/O'Reilly prizefight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home