Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Is there a cave around for hiding?

UPDATE: Pity party over. Amen. Read at your own risk...

Mom, Pop -- I know you taught me to be strong in my convictions, to be clear about what I think, to educate myself in order to make informed decisions and to own what I know to be true even in the face of hostility and -- sometimes even worse -- unpopularity.

But dammit everyone hates me. Even people that like me hate me. And I keep getting yelled at. Can't I just give in and pretend that the contradictions make sense and the inexperience is immaterial? Please? I'm losing all my friends...

I hate election years. Lucky for me I tasted the sting of ostracism early so I know I can survive it. But it sucks. It really, really does.

My cool friend at work introduced me to this artist and the lyrics of this song made me feel a little better. Thanks Larry. But hey man, don't get to know too much about me cause I don't want you to discover you hate me, too.

Bad day mates. Bad day.

1 Comments:

At 1:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i enjoyed her voice as well. thanks!
and if they are really hating on you...bc of political views?? ...tell them to take a breath and lighten up.

hugs chica
bets

 

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home