Thursday, August 28, 2008

We'll see if the specifics come tonight

A few pre-lunch thoughts on the the DNC, Day 3. (I have some very detailed ideas but rather than use this forum as a place to start debate -- when there's no real chance of hearing the opposing viewpoint in any meaningful way -- I'll just say if you want to know more, ask. I'll tell.)

1. There's no way to overstate the historic event that took place in Obama's nomination. I'm so pleased to live in a nation where we change the rules as we learn and grow, both legally and ethically -- and then live up to the standards we set for ourselves. It was a marvelous thing and about time.

2. My choice of candidate remains firm. And I'm comfortable with that.

3. Bill Clinton needs to seriously get the f@*k over himself already.

4. They should have put Biden's mom on the ticket.

That is all. Except that Charles Krauthammer is my new hero in intellectual acuity. I don't know that I agree with everything he espouses but God his mind functions so methodically and his arguments are so well-reasoned that it just causes me to stop and really consider -- just really consider. For the most part I look around and see a bunch of half-reasoned arguments being touted as Gospel truth and for someone to just explain themselves and what they think to the degree that there are no holes to exploit -- well that's just a beautiful thing.

Peace.

[Happy Birthday Em! -- uh, yesterday...I can be so bad...but if it makes you feel any better I called my dad today and he had to take another call on his cell so he put me on hold and sort of forgot about me. So, ya know, I come by it honestly... You'll be benefiting from the guilt for a while.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home