Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Admittance is the first step

So many things happening -- the first Presidential debate Friday, Georgia vs. Alabama Saturday, deadline for a piece on a new restaurant in town looming (it's today actually. Ahem.); I'm simply overwhelmed with the excitement of it all. But then, as I was reminded Sunday evening, I'm an absolute dork of the highest magnitude so what excites me might be a bit pedestrian to the sophisticate. Let me explain...

My sister stage manages for a theater in Atlanta. I went to a charming play there Sunday afternoon and stayed for the wrap party early that evening. At one point during the play, a nice little remake of a Sherlock Holmes adventure, Holmes is trying to chat up his love interest and he's failing miserably because he keeps wanting to talk to her about the history of limestone and other equally esoteric things that are undoubtedly what he feels passionately about. Cut to the wrap party and there I am, in the corner talking to one of the actors, a gentleman about my age, handsome, interesting (okay, he was married but he was still male and therefore serves as practice time) and all I could manage to do was discuss my fascination at how male facial hair trends have changed over the centuries and what on earth could be the driving motive for these changes.

Total dork. *sigh*

Anyway, went down the river with some folks who don't care how dorky I am and I love them for that. Here's some pics. And if you want to get together to drink wine and watch the debate I'm totally available. If you can handle all the excitement...







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home