Monday, June 16, 2008

I approve of the disapproval of the rabbit

I do believe it might be time to give myself a break. I've been beating the hell out of myself lately for not having the ambition nor desire to work 60 hours a week again. 10 years ago, I've been explaining to people, no problem; sign me up. But now, I say, I'm looking for something I can leave at the office. And I say all this apologetically -- I'm really sorry for this, I say. Please don't hate me. I know I can do more -- have done more -- but please, can't I just rest? Please...?

Well, know what? It occurred to me this morning I've been working roughly that amount for the past 3 years. Working full-time and getting a master's degree in just under three years is roughly the equivalent of that kind of work load. And I'm tired now and I just want something I can do well and let go of while I make dinner in the evenings. Bob said, "You're old enough to know what you want." Damn straight and then some. I'm just sayin'.

Christian, this is for you. Is bunny rabbit this disapproving of everything?

And this excites me. Here's a well-reasoned article on the hows and whys of the vehicles in our collective future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home