Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What Agent Bedhead said

I found a great new (well, to me anyway) site called Agent Bedhead (link to the side) and they took this great pic and tweaked it to my liking. Ah, there are others like me in the world somewhere. Bittersweet...


And just for fits and wiggles, here's a favorite song from my youth. I used to work at a place where I wrote music reviews and the genius copy editor changed the spelling of Geddy Lee's name -- which I had spelled correctly because, you know, I kinda liked the band -- to "Getty" Lee. Never even asked me about it. And therein lies the lesson -- sometimes you're just wrong.

And I hope everyone reads this piece from Michelle Malkin on the New Republic "author" -- military man Scott Beauchamp -- who lied. He just lied and his lies were printed as truth in a reputable and powerful political magazine. Shattered Glass all over again friends. Four Right Wing Wackos have an interesting piece on why we -- collectively -- should care:

The only answer I have, other than gross negligence and sheer incompetence, is that they ran the stories because the stories confirmed their view of the military. Fact-checking and doing a little background search would have poked holes in Beauchamp's lies, and their worldview along with them. So rather than do the right thing, they ran with a bunch of cooked-up bullshit that jived with the way they already think. So much for actual reporting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home