Friday, May 18, 2007

Stream of Consciousness

Okay I'm back and I think Rudy Giuliani beat the pants off the other Republican Presidential hopefuls in the South Carolina debate. I like Mitt okay, but Rudy just doesn't brook inanity and I think Mitt might do anything at this point just to fit in. Rudy doesn't care if he fits in. Personally, I'm good with that. People argue with me on this point. "He should want to fit in," they say. "Knowing the needs of your constituency -- of your people -- is important and if you don't care about fitting in then you're not in touch with the people's needs!"

God that sounds good, doesn't it? It's also a load of crap. You can be completely in tune with the needs of your constituency and not give a crap about your popularity. They are mutually exclusive. I don't have time to explain it to you and wouldn't try even if I did. Think about it for yourselves and you'll see what I mean. But you have to really think about it -- examine it, test it out, watch it in action -- or you'll fall back on the lazy, almost-logic of popularity = good leadership.

Whew! That said, Fox News has a great interactive little page on it's website where all the candidates on both sides of the aisle are examined in terms of the pressing issues in this campaign. Go look now so that you'll have a real handle on where they stand when the real mudslinging starts happening...

Then there's this funny thing that my friend Steph sent me from this funny site



It's my new desktop wallpaper at work.



















Then there's the Help Desk chart that makes me giggle.
















And then there's the book Zimmer finally is just making me read despite that fact that I'm afraid to read it because it's post-apocalyptic and it will make me have bad dreams and feel sad. Zimmer does not take no for an answer and insists it's a genius read (despite it being on the Oprah Book Club list, a fact we choose not to hold against Zimmer as his judgement is usually very keen and he can't help it if Oprah got lucky in hers) so he brought it in and said "It's a good read. And it's got cannibals." How can I turn that down? So The Road by Cormac McCarthy is next on my reading list.


And here's me, the Noj and J.G.



What's twisted about this picture is that

1. The Noj and Dan were just calling the little guy Yoda ("Strong he is.")

and

2. We are laughing because the Noj is actively waking the munchkin up -- something the munchkin disapproves of -- so that he'll sleep at night instead of during the day and the Noj and Mrs. the Noj can get some damn sleep. We are laughing at his discomfort. Sadism runs in the family.

Happy Friday yo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home