Friday, May 11, 2007

Who is John Galt?

I've always wanted to write a book. I just didn't realize the book I've always wanted to write was written in 1957 by Ayn Rand and is called Atlas Shrugged.

It really chaps me that I was told by some very narrow-minded public school teachers that Rand was a greedy capitalist and that to enjoy her work meant there might be something deeply superficial about me. Because of these teachers I am just now discovering her genius. And it is genius. Unequivocably.

Thanks to my Help Desk mate at work who suggested the book and has been willing to listen to me rave on and on about it.

It's strange I know, but while reading this book I get a feeling, for the first time in a very long time, that I'm not an anomaly in this world. Does great writing do this for everyone?


Congrats too to my school friends who are graduating. I send my hope for you along with you out into the world.

Feels like a Corona kind of Friday to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home