Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday's can really change your mood

I'm telling ya, this master's degree better be worth the end-of-semester stress. I'll be walking around for the next week with a knot in my stomach and this everpresent thought swirling around the back of my brain "I don't have enough time; I don't have enough time; DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN THERE'S JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!"

Undoubtedly this is related to the fact that I work full time AND part time (check out April's Southern Distinction -- everybody else promotes their talents and how mah-velous they are online -- why can't I? Oh -- because it's tacky... TOO BAD!!! :0D )

So, I was gonna talk about how I get treated like I'm a snarky wench at work for delivering the same kinds of statements I've heard my father say a million times and that have earned him enormous respect as a real insightful and go-getter kind of guy. Apparently you can't be a real insightful and go-getter kind of guy when you have breasts. It throws people...

But then I thought, you know what? I just want to look at this



and be happy. The sun's shining and I'm going swimming later, and I just noticed that someone I was kind of curious about likes Dylan Thomas (yes my friends, this means a lot), and my girls are doing their thing tonight at the Morton, and I'm doing my thing tomorrow at the Morton. Seems like a pretty good world to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home