Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What's a ho?

I went to vote today and a friend at work checked online to see where I was supposed to go. They, like they did several years ago, had me registered in the county my parents call home. Since I have voted in my county before, I just went to the place I had previously voted and explained the glitch. Surprisingly, they almost wouldn't let me vote. Let me reiterate with some context -- despite the notoriously low voter turnout that everyone complains about, they ALMOST DIDN'T LET ME VOTE!!!

I made them call the district office and the situation resolved itself. But I was really taken aback. Maybe it's because I look like I'd vote Republican...

Captain Grumpypants sent me some funny videos that I plan on posting but then I came across this one and just couldn't resist. Ken Jennings is the all-time winningest Jeopardy player (I can hear some of the master's kids groaning at my mention of trivia games...) and he also writes an interesting column for Mental Floss called "Six Degrees of Ken Jennings." Apparently, he's funny as hell, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home