Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Doomed to repeat it

you know what sucks? trying really, really hard to do the right thing and having it backfire. trusting people to watch your back and having them screw you. having those who know and love you then remind you that getting screwed is your own responsibility because you have this unbelievable tendency to confide too much in people too soon. I swear I'm still only 16 sometimes...

in better news, I was creating a masterpeice of organizational theory last night while Rachel Ray's Tasty Travels was playing ambiently in the background (huge, HUGE, Food Network fan am I), and the topic was the best BBQ in the country and I'll be damned if she didn't go to Fat Matt's in Atlanta, where the college friends and I (it's old home week apparently) spent a killer night listening to sexy blues and feasting on ridiculous amounts of BBQ and beer. It just took me back to see old Fat Matt's. *sigh*


UPDATE: I had some maudlin Peter Murphy here but I think I'm more interested in this song because it's what my dance teacher JB choreographed our last lyrical combination to (holy dangling participle...). I like it. I have a pretty big contusion on the ol' knee as a result of some sloppy hip-hoppin' on my part and, wouldn't you know, the lyrical combo the next day was all over the floor. on our knees. But I busted it out and so this song resonates for me. No greater bonding tool than some good old fashioned pain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home