Friday, October 20, 2006

Art and food

Image courtesy of the Somber one (that's his Jedi name...). I believe he has a variant of this hanging at his desk. Given my propensity to attract the drama, I needed the reminder, and I thought I'd share. You can check out some of his other work here. Disturbing? yes. Heartbreaking? yes. That's the thing about my friend: he makes you think, and sometimes it's a bit uncomfortable. But always with the best intentions.

So here's the thing about Emeril's in Atlanta: it rocks. After my troubles with my former freelancing publication, I had serious doubts that the sour taste would leave my mouth. Good wine and ridiculous food helps with that.

The publication that picked me up sent me down the road to old Emeril's at Phipp's Plaza where I ate lunch with a lovely, and very cool, PR lady named Meg. I had pork loin and gumbo and BBQ shrimp and sorbet and pecan pie and banana creme pie and Italian cheese and two kinds of wine... . And it was all complimentary. I rolled my way out the door where the valet brought my car around (!) and made some pretty good contacts. I have several business cards now and I just want to call these folks just to chat. They were that cool. While the menu can be kinda pricey, I would highly recommend the place for a special night out. It just had that real cool vibe about it. And they have a wine tower that holds 10,000 bottles of wine. I mean, come on...

When the story runs, I'll make sure to post about it so you can see the photos. Thanks God for opening up that door while the echo of the one slamming shut still rung in my ears.

It's Friday and you ain't got s#*t to do. (I'm trying to quit cursing...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home