Monday, October 16, 2006

Laws of attraction

As I was sitting under a tree Saturday listening to the sounds of football nearby, my friend Bob called out of nowhere and chastised me for not living in the DC area where she, her husband and their little bit Sophie live. I reminded Robin (Bob) that my grandfather was from downtown DC (Anacostia. Very scary now; lovely in ancient black and white photos I've purloined from my mother), and that my maternal grandparents home is in Maryland on the Potomac. So wielding the beauty of the area over me does no good -- I know from my youth.

But it did get me thinking --- I could live there. Apparently every last one of my college friends has somehow ended up in the area. Bob, Jen, Jiggy, Kurt... why this convergence of crazies has occurred I do not know.

I'm just thinkin' is all. No decisions yet.

Congrats Lizzie D on the cool new baby Gibran. Thank God. I do worry about the next generation and I find the anxiety lessens when my friends reproduce. I'm sure he'll be brilliant, opinionated and a fantastic soccer player.

Now I have to find a "reception cake" shaped like a bulldog or I ruin my brother's wedding. The pressure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home