Friday, June 26, 2009

Look don't make me size it up

So Juje and I were talking last night about the current administration's continuing efforts to "create a marketplace" in the energy sector and the health care sector and the automotive sector...

Juje has a theory about President Obama. It's very interesting -- she maintains that he is a semantic genius because he has one of the most subtle touches with the old ploy of using facts to prop up lies. She detailed for me one of the many times he did this during his ObamaCare address (which I have yet to watch. I have a hard time with reality if it scares me so I'll deal with it when I can...). She said that he spoke of the healthcare industry as a "growth industry" before immediately asserting that if it wasn't taken in hand by the government it could bankrupt the country. My sister is a whole lot smarter than I am. That would have floated right on over my head. But she pulled the double take and apparently told her man Rog that she hoped "people are really listening to this." Because, as she incredulously asked me over the phone, how could a growth industry bankrupt us? It's growing and has the potential for more growth so how exactly is it in danger of doing that opposite of that if you just leave it alone...just think about it for a second...you'll get it...

Then there's cap and tax, which may pass today, that contains, as WaPo puts it:

"a system of caveats, safety valves and rule changes meant to satisfy unhappy Democrats. The result is legislation that could transform the U.S. energy industry -- and allow both Wall Street and the Corn Belt to build a side business in carbon."

And who is their business partner in that side business of carbon do you think? Yet another government-controlled market. Look, I've been yelled at before for saying this and I'm not trying to be paranoid but it does kinda look like our federal government wants state-owned private business ventures. I mean, doesn't it? I challenge you to find other examples of this kind of thing in history. You will be surprised. And not pleasantly.

And, I find it interesting that the big outcry from the left is how cap and tax won't cost $3,100 per household like those evil Republicans keep trying to say it will by using somewhat refuted information from an MIT report. Rather, it will only cost about $175 per household. Another clever trick ladies and gents. It doesn't have to raise energy costs at all you see -- if it's not passed. But hey, at least it's not over three grand...advertising is a beautiful thing. Here's a nice little video featuring Ben Lieberman, the Heritage Foundation's Senior Policy Analyst for Energy and Environment, that should answer some questions about misconceptions about carbon emissions in general.

Anyway, I learned how to do this last night so I could go to a little disco dance this weekend. My younger brother and I have always cut quite the fierce rug at most weddings/family events but now I have actual proper steps to show him -- and anyone else who wants to learn. So, in honor of a few things I give you a little Michael Jackson before he believed the hype and just some cool choreography from one of my faves (and I have a little crush on Evan. Just sayin'...).






Blame it on the boogie this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home