Friday, May 01, 2009

Risk assessment

I like this article. As I continue to make inroads toward picking up my entire life and moving it to DC for a while (yes, snail's pace. I have my reasons. But rest assured, I am, and will always be, a die-hard Southerner. I expect you people not to let me forget that.), the concept of "assumption of risk" is one that has been at the front of my mind and definitely drives the decisions I've been making and will make further along in the process. This article is all about how federal intervention in the market damages the risk variables -- most tragically by devaluing risk to the degree that it's even more unpredictable, thereby squashing would-be entrepreneurs from entering the market. Pretty much explains how nationalization kills competition and, by extension, the free-market. Because, see, the market has no agenda except profit. Politicians on the other hand do. And they often subvert truth or justify behavior to meet that agenda. They lie people. We know this. We deal with it accordingly. And risk is definitely valued differently if you know your business partners to be truthful and have a track record to point to that they follow through on their initiatives and do what they say they're going to do. Like I said, it's a personal consideration for me as well as an umbrella statement about keeping government mitts off the free-market. Thanks for letting me stream-of-consciousness it out. Stop yawning.

And now for some funny. The mad geniuses I work with have their menu board all jazzed up again. I think this is their tent-revival agenda but I can't be sure. Whatever it is it makes me laugh. Jump for Jesus this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home