Monday, April 13, 2009

I had a dream my life could be...

I couldn't wait to post this because it made me cry with joy after a day of feeling kinda low and cynical. She sings one of my all-time favorite songs from -- well really from anything. When I was 17 I saw Les Miserables in London and my heart just ached for these characters who watch their lives and loves ebb and flow during the French Revolution. This is Fantine's song, a young woman who falls in love and is impregnated only to see her lover leave when he discovers her with child. She sings this while dying from, I think, TB. And Miss Susan Boyle sings it just as well as I remember hearing it by a professional singer on the London stage. Thanks Miss Boyle. You made my day. Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home