Monday, April 20, 2009

Budding photographers, big dummies and drama queens

I'm potentially on some federal watch list according to the ridiculous Department of Homeland Security report that was pushed through just in time for the Tax Day protests that is painfully free of any quantitative supporting documentation. So, if of a sudden the flavor of this little online diary changes you'll know I've either been intimidated out of my own voice or brainwashed. Just a heads up.

Better things? My brother told me Saturday that he's been talking to his sons about goals and encouraging them to make some decisions about what they might want to be when they grow up. So when the 11-year-old asked if he could look at my camera at the soccer field of course I complied (with some boring rules I won't go into). He figured the thing out quickly -- how to manually focus and even how to finesse the long angle lens for the best shot. He even figured out that there must be something going on behind the lens because of the discrepancy of location between where you look to line up the shot and where the actual lens is, leading to a removal of the lens and an examination of the mirrors. Anyway, he decided it was something he might like to do as a profession and was pretty interested in what the photographers did for the newspaper I worked for. I felt like crying. Sigh. Anyway, with the exception of the first one -- which is actually one I took of him and his sister -- here're are few of his shots. Not too shabby my little redheaded genius. Aunt B is impressed...

Also, Gabriel chowing on cake at his 2-year birthday bash, his father the drama queen and Steve's homage to Terrell Owens. Love these people.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home