Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Because I learned the other day the importance of titles for hits: CAFE standards = crappy cars

Yo. My laptop has decided to cooperate with me on this trip so happy day. It's a good thing, too because there's been some last minute negotiating that would have been a bit difficult with just the phone. It's times like this that I understand the cult of iPhone. But only times like this.

Anyway, quickly, just wanted to introduce you to the blog of a young man I met at my little seminar. He doesn't know it -- primarily because I didn't tell him -- but I'm quite the fan of the strange and unusual as well, particularly the UFO thing. Huge fan of this show. I watch it every week. So Mr. Loki, welcome to Copacabana where it's always a party. We might look button-down but we can hold our liquor and still speak rationally -- if not always coherently. And I would've told that dude in our class exactly what I think of the CAFE standards but he was just baiting me and wouldn't have heard what I had to say. He pegged me the outsider the minute he saw me. Fortunately, I've learned to peg the instigators pretty quickly, too. But what I think is pretty much here. I will say the estimated increased automobile-related deaths presented in this article sounds a bit histrionic because, while deaths may increase initially while people acclimate to driving crappier cars, they will probably level off eventually when we collectively realize it's more dangerous on the road. Still, we're left with crappier cars. And that's no fun.

And for you Baby D -- a shot of the city from the WWII memorial (UPDATE: actually Iwo Jima memorial. I forgot there's a WWII on the mall...sigh.) where I went for a run because of its proximity to my lodgings. And, of course, my hot foot. (Also, what would a stimulus from Omaha Steaks look like? Cause I might be interested...I mean, free steak.)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home