Friday, November 14, 2008

The mingling of the old and the new is a bittersweet affair

While I feel sorry for myself, why don't you all enjoy a few pics from my most recent trip to the DC area. They include, but are not limited to: Chinatown; St. Patrick's in downtown DC; my Aunt Dorothy's haunted upstairs room window from which I watched the sun rise for two nights in a row because there was no way I was actually falling asleep in there; the g-parent's house (including the upstairs bathroom window I used to crawl out to hang out on the roof and watch the sunset over the water); aunt, uncle, beautiful cousin Anna; Bruce the Wonder Dog; dilapidated vineyard; my marvelous friend from high school and her impossibly beautiful son hiking at Great Falls, Md.; and, as always, my feet. Give it a twist this weekend.
































4 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! What a great house your gparents have!

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger Lola said...

thanks! hope the family can hang on to it. if so, I'll fix it up and throw grand parties like the good ol days...

 
At 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

..... so, tell us about the ghost.......

Eric

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger diane said...

very fun pics! i want to hear about the ghost too. and how funny yo do foot pics..i do too

http://flickr.com/photos/dianelipgens/sets/72157601422274524/

 

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home