Thursday, October 02, 2008

It's all in your hand; like a gun, like a globe, like a grand

Yeah, so I'm a little miffed by the Ifill thing -- not so much that it happened as much as it's still happening. Whatever. I guess we'll see what kind of objectivity she offers. She's sure to be on her toes now that her little secret has surfaced.

Here's a nice piece on how Palin has prepared for the debate tonight. I can attest to the sausages at Kaufhaus. They really are delicious.

And, just for fun, Here're a few pics of DC in the 30s. That's my grandpa with some pre-grandma girlfriend. He was quite the red-headed ladies man if the stories are true and since he was only something like 21 when he married my grandmother he was likely at the tail end of his teens in this photo. That's his neighborhood in downtown DC behind him. And the Model Ts behind the Capitol building (these were taken from the same roll of film) are just a glimpse into the past.






Also, I'm fascinated by this album. Especially the song "Singer, Songwriter." They're playing tonight at the 40 Watt. You should go. I won't be there -- can't stand the crowds anymore...I'm content to bop around with my little Zune and make fun of you all in secret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home