Monday, July 28, 2008

that treasure-house of memories

My sister had an interesting thing to say about the current lead-up to the Presidential election --

"There's a feeling in the world right now about America and in America...people are uncertain. And when there's uncertainty, people tend to go with what feels good. And he's what feels good. Unfortunately, that emotional reaction is very often the wrooooong one to listen to."

I'm gonna let you work out for yourselves who we were talking about.

I can't help myself -- I'm sorry! I really am...

In other interesting-probably-only-to-me-and-a-few-others type news, I had dinner last night with my high school friends, most of whom I haven't seen in 15 + years, and ya know, looking around the table, I felt like we were 16 again in Christy's basement (even though we were at a restaurant in suburban Atlanta). Strange when you know people well enough to know what will interest them and make them laugh but you've no idea what they've actually been doing for the past million years.

But I remembered one thing very clearly -- I love these people. And I've known some of them, literally, since I was 6 years old. And that is, at its most profound deconstruction, a remarkable thing.

Looking forward to the next get-together people (and my apologies to Adrienne. My fat head is always in the way...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home