Friday, July 25, 2008

Could I have been

For the record, I sorta hate how political I can be. I don't like being unpopular. But I just think it's important to call bullshit when you see it. And so I do. But really, I respect your right to do the same so I hope we can still be friends.

In that light, I'm actively rallying against music snobs at present. Here's the deal: music, like art, derives its worth to a person as a singularity. You either like something or you don't. It either resonates with you or it doesn't. No one can tell you that Kenny Loggins sucks if "Danger Zone"gives you chills and reaffirms your soul. So embrace what you like and own it. And the music snobs can embrace that they like to makes others feel inadequate. That is their right.

That said, have some Friday music (especially the Salt n Pepa for A-ron because he is tragically unfamiliar with this song).

Whatta Man Featuring En Vogue by Salt-n-Pepa

Five Years by David Bowie

Absolutely Cuckoo by Magnetic Fields

Dancing Nancies by Dave Matthews Band

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home